electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
hitachi model 31GX31BC horizontal hold repair manufctrd 1993

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
russ123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: hitachi model 31GX31BC horizontal hold repair manufctrd 1993 Reply with quote

I have a hitachi tv 31 inch model 31GX31BC.The picture has just got narrower.Over the past few weeks the picture would flicker off for a second then go back to normal.The full screen is 25.5 inches wide, but now the screen is black for about 5 inches on both sides,with a slight curve of about an inch towards the center.The audio is fine.The picture is squeezed to the middle about 15 inches wide.I assume this is what you would call a horizontal hold problem.What would the problem likely be?Which parts would likely be damaged?How much would the parts cost?And about how much would the labour be to have it repaired? Is it worth repairing if it is 14 years old?

Last edited by russ123 on Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a pin cushion problem.
russ123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply minnie.
I would like to add that i found 2 repair biils one from oct 2001,I think the same thing happened and they replaced the power regulator I.C.(a $19 part and one 1/2w resistor.Then the same thing happened again 6 months later and they replaced the power regulator again.The TV has worked fine up untill now,five years later.What would cause the regulator to fail other than normal heat damage over time?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dried out caps around the regulator.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks minnie
If this TV has been used for the past 14 years for a couple of hours per day,some days longer.Based on the 2 repairs that have been done. If I have it repaired and use it for a couple of hours per dayand the picture quality was fine before this failure what would be your guess of lifespan left in this TV? In general what is the antipated life span of a TV like this?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks minnie
If this TV has been used for the past 14 years for a couple of hours per day,some days longer.Based on the 2 repairs that have been done. If I have it repaired and use it for a couple of hours per dayand the picture quality was fine before this failure what would be your guess of lifespan left in this TV? In general what is the anticipated life span of a TV like this?
what is involved with replacing the power regulator?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the parts they replaced.
russ123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the exact name or part # of the parts ,all it says on the invoice is 1 power regulator and one 1/2 w resistor.Sorry I can't be more precise.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the regulator is IC901 STR30130. Check it looks like C906 22/160.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия