electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Radio Amateur short wave Power Amplifier Yaesu FL 2277

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ4SU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Radio Amateur short wave Power Amplifier Yaesu FL 2277 Reply with quote

Hi,
I am even not sure if I am posting this in the right forum. Anyway, help would be very much appreciated.
Im using ham radio gear, among others a linear power amplifier from Yaesu Model FL 2277 in a remote part of Denmark with no competent electronic repair facilities near by. During an operating cycle I saw a flash and heard a noice from the amplifier and immediately the high voltage indicator of the final tubes`plate voltage went to zero. Checking the main fuse it was ok, already also indicated by a still illuminated power-on indicator. Before I am going to open the amplifier I would like to get some expert opinion what probably has been happened ( I assume a shortened amplifier tube caused by overloading and consequent heat development). If there is likely more damage than a blown internal fuse in the high voltage circuit I will just put the amplifier aside and wait for the next jouney to Germany. I should mention, that I don*t even have a circuit diagram with me. Thanks Peter
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impossible to determine the cause without actually opening up & testing the unit; in general there may be a number of things from power supply/HV/filter capacitance/Tubes/txformers...etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия