electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
same CRT pin system ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
berniedd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: same CRT pin system ? Reply with quote

I have come across a few instances where the only problem in 14-inch sets is a weak CRT. I have access to many 14-inch sets with defects in the main board. I would like to swap these weak CRTs with the good CRTs from the bad sets. The pin system in all these tubes look alike to me, even if the tube types and manufacturers are not the same. Are you guys aware of any pin system incompatibilities here? Otherwise, it seems a simple matter to transplant the tubes with yoke and correction magnets undisturbed, into the good sets with weak CRTs. I know that the swap may not be that feasible because of differences between yokes, horiz and vert voltages, etc but I'm willing to try my luck.
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my experience, there are very seldom pin incompatibilities as far as the CRTs use the same kind of base.
However, the heater voltage might be different (either 6,3 V or 12,6 V).
But the deflection yokes (and degaussing coils) are definitively NOT standardized. In most cases, one turns out with "transplanting" the deflection yoke anyway.
If you have access to a RCL meter, then measure the inductance of at least the horizontal coils of both yokes. If those are within ±20 % of each other, then it might be worth a try to re-use the yoke. But don't throw the bad CRT with yoke away until you have tested the set!
The vertical coils are more standardized as nearly all sets use similar vertical deflection circuitry. The only problem might be deflection coils from computer monitors designed for a wide range of vertical frequencies.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия