electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung SP43J6HD 43" inch Rear Projection Fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DejaVu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Samsung SP43J6HD 43" inch Rear Projection Fault Reply with quote

This TV has only 1 bulb inside it and I have opened up the back, removed the front, cleaned the mirror, wiped the dust off the bulb and wiped the inside of the screen. The problem is the image, although perfect, is very dull. The brightness & contrast only go up so far, but doesnt get high enough.

I've attempted to get into the Service menu using Mute > 1 > 8 > 3 but it doesnt do anything.

Is it worth getting into the service menu on this TV (I mean can it change anything for the better) if so, how might I do it?

1 other thing I've noticed is there is a 'Picture' LED on the front panel which is green and a 'Lamp' LED which is red. This saysto me that the Bulb may be on it's way out perhaps? I always thought, with bulbs, either the worked, or they dont? Obviously, I'm incorrect in that assumption!

I would hate to think it does need a new lamp as this one still develops a picture and a £300 bulb is way out of my expenses.

Can anyone shed some light (excuse the pun) on this fault please?

Cheers.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey D. This has a bulb/lamp. How old? 2 plus years and by what your saying, yes replace the lamp. You must live in the UK cause your killing me and can't cross reference models! 4000/6000 hours per bulb or 2 yrs is the rule of thumb.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be a/an E23 oshram lamp. Take it out of the cartridge, if it is look up a LTI lamp or #BP96-00823A.
DejaVu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the UK .Do these TV's have different Model numbers across the pond then?

Thing is, most the parts are a lot cheaper in the US. Would be nice to find out what the US Model numbers are in relation to the UK numbers.

Sorry to give you headaches Minnie, I didnt realise. Wink
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately they are. Identify the lamp (E23) and I'll find you a place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия