electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
panasonic VCR gone dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makanaky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: panasonic VCR gone dead Reply with quote

hi ,

suddenly my panasonic video cassette recorder ceases to be alive .... it doesnt power on

what could be the problem ?
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just might help if you posted the model number.

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
makanaky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's an (NV-HV60)
gary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

replace c1260 in psu section, 1000mfd 10v
makanaky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary wrote:
replace c1260 in psu section, 1000mfd 10v

could u be more specific .... this is my 1st time trying to fix a device .... what i understood is that it's a capacitor , 1000 micro farad , 10 v , is that right ? if yes how did u know that this is the problem ? also what is psu ?
gary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psu is power supply unit, yes it is a capacitor, i know this is most likely the problem as it causes 99.9% of the apparently dead panasonic vcrs i see for repair, to be absolutely sure you could check for ripple on the unswitched 6v supply with an oscilloscope but replacement is so easy you would be better just doing it, the reason i am pretty sure it is this is i work in a panasonic authorised digital service centre.
makanaky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary wrote:
psu is power supply unit, yes it is a capacitor, i know this is most likely the problem as it causes 99.9% of the apparently dead panasonic vcrs i see for repair, to be absolutely sure you could check for ripple on the unswitched 6v supply with an oscilloscope but replacement is so easy you would be better just doing it, the reason i am pretty sure it is this is i work in a panasonic authorised digital service centre.

dear gary .... u r brilliant

i found the capacitor u mentioned is broken with some rust on it ... so now i am gonna change it ....

thanks alot buddy
klaus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Same problem with my NV-HV60 Reply with quote

Hi,
I´m german and I´m happy that you have such a good forum for electronic repair topics. This is missing in germany.

Ok, as I said. I had the same problem as makanay. My VCR was dead.
After changing the capacitor c1260 I have now display ready. Everything seemed to be good.

Then I tried to put a cassette in but the VCR, which should take it automatically, did nothing.

What can be the reason. A mechanical or a electronic one?

I think there must be a switch which must be pressed to activate the automatic feeder. What do you mean?

regards, Klaus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия