electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Mitsubishi WS-55819 Projection TV power problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveDaveDave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi WS-55819 Projection TV power problem Reply with quote

My 5 year old Mitsubishi WS-55819 projection TV has a power problem.

When I press the power button it turns on for about 2 seconds and then turns itself off. The picture doesn't come onto the screen as the power cuts off so quickly.

I opened the back and there is a small black diode type thing (possibly a relay) on the middle PC board towards the back that clicks when it turns on and off.

Someone suggested a leak from the 3 bulbs could be a cause but I cannot see any leaking substances anywhere.

Does anyone have a suggestion to figure out what's wrong?

I don't have electrical test equipment for troubleshooting.

Thank you...
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the pico fuses. What Ic's does it have for convergence? You'll have to get a meter or call for service.
DaveDaveDave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: IC's were bad Reply with quote

The pico fuses were good and there were no leaks, but the IC's on the middle board behind the large heatsink were shot.

I wound up going the service route way and I'm getting billed about $350.

Hopefully it's a wise investment as the TV has been good the past 5 years.

I've learned alot through the experience and hopefully it will help if there's a next time. Thanks for your assistance Minnie.

A note to other novices attempting to fix the issue on this same set. The heatsink is big and silver ( /\/\/\/\/\ ) and the IC's are black and approx 2" wide x 1" high and they're attached to the backside of the heatsink (you can't see them looking into the set from the back, maybe from the front looking in you can see them). I was looking for something I thought would be smaller and missed them completely. Oh well, lesson learned.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$350 to replace the convergence IC's is fair. That's why I asked what was in there, you could have saved about $300!!! It's working. That's all that matters.
Herne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: WS55819 on/off Reply with quote

I'm having the exact same problem. Bought the TV used and it worked great and I loved it for about 6 months. Then I moved and it got joggled quite a bit going up and down stairs. When I turned it on in the new palce it went on for about 2 seconds and then went back off and has done that since. Any idea what chips i'd have to replace or what else moght be wrong? Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия