electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
viewsonic 32in lcd tv power supply broken
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alain28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jryduke, first please try to be registered.
see
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/alain.mionnet/enii3210j.htm

For U702 I think better to replace by schottky diodes but if you want a
N3856VAG....

France
jryduke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alain28, Thanks for your reply. I am registered and I had already seen your webpage with the photos of the power supply. But you still did not tell me what U401 is. No matter what I do about the circuitry around U702 - the supply will not work unless I can identify and repalce U402.
Jryduke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: many thanks Reply with quote

Hi all

Many thanks for your info in this thread.
My 3260w went off with a bang and visible spark last week, I took a look inside and sure enough C33 was literally in pieces. I ordered the full replacement power unit from Ramplus (as listed in this thread) , bolted it in, and my TV is alive again.

Many many thanks

Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the FSP228-3F01 that is also dead, my C33 looks fine but C20, 21, 22 and 28 are about to pop.everything else on the bord looks fine. Is there a specific problem that causes these cape to expand? what do I need to replace to correct this issue?

Thanks
edzbox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Bad Caps Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I have the FSP228-3F01 that is also dead, my C33 looks fine but C20, 21, 22 and 28 are about to pop.everything else on the bord looks fine. Is there a specific problem that causes these cape to expand? what do I need to replace to correct this issue?

Thanks

The specific problem is bad (cheap) capacitors that vendors like FSP use.
These capacitors are not made per industry standards nor are they inspected for quality control. End result is what you see here on this forum.
You can replace all of the cheap caps used on this pcb with new caps from Digikey or another reputable source. I fixed my ps for $10 US with new caps, a FET, and diode.
edzbox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: FSB228-3F01 Reply with quote

edzbox wrote:
I also have the bad capacitor problem; my tv will not even turn on. I found C33 was most impressively blown apart, and several others are stressed (silver tops are bulging upward). They are CS19, 21, 22, & 28. If you see this on your boards, I would recommend replacing them and double their voltage rating. I suspect other problems but have not had time to troubleshoot. A good source for replacement boards is Ebay (US); I just missed getting one for $80 US.

Regards
Problem is fixed with new capacitors, a new Q7, and new ZD4 from Digikey. The FSP authorized vendor (Ram Plus Computers) in Tustin, Calif. also has them in stock for sale (~$60 US) as of Jan. 2009.
Edzbox
alain28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jryduke wrote:
Alain28, Thanks for your reply. I am registered and I had already seen your webpage with the photos of the power supply. But you still did not tell me what U401 is. No matter what I do about the circuitry around U702 - the supply will not work unless I can identify and repalce U402.
Jryduke

I have direct contact with JRYDUKE.
U401 is NCP1377B (on semiconductor)
For the moment he has stopped the PSU investigation but unfortunatly it seems have faulty primary circuit on 24v.

France
alain28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The less reliable part in electronic is electrolytic capacitor...
Some china product could have quality trouble.
But this can also for good product.(ELNA should be)
except that for electrolyte leakage
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/alain.mionnet/enR3265_3271.htm

an other example:
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/alain.mionnet/enSME03.htm
capacitor manufacturer? (I don't take care)

example where it is metal trouble on potmeter trimmer pins!
but fews monthes before it was an electrolytic capacitor trouble

Products are older.

France
alain28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alain28 wrote:

example where it is metal trouble on potmeter trimmer pins!
but fews monthes before it was an electrolytic capacitor trouble

Products are older.

sorry link error read:
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/alain.mionnet/hp54601a.htm

France
tomm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: viewsonic power supply Reply with quote

Hi.

after reviewing this site and topic this seems to be the place for the right answers. I hope someone can help me out.
I have a power supply problem in that a P.O. replaced the orig. FSP204-2F01 in a Viewsonic N2750w with a different model FSP204-2F02 by cutting the orig. wire harnesses and terminals CN2 and Cn3 and hard wiring each lead directly to the new board. i wish to verify the work as everything works on the tv except CCFT`s wont light up... inverter has checked out O.K.
can any one give me a list of pinout/wire color code for the orig. FSP204-2F01 CN2 and CN3 to their proper harnesses ?
I guess some detailed pictures would work if allowed by this site.
also If someone has rewired a N2750w to accept FSP204-2F02 I could use the same info or pictures.
even a picture of an in situ orig. power supply hooked up to the wire harnesses would be very helpful.
I have tried FSP and Viewsonic and no replies have been forthcoming.
Its really too bad the P.O. didnt see this site. the orig. PSU seems in decent shape except where he ripped out the orig. CN2 and CN3 terminals. maybe a good look at the PSU would have meant not ripping everything up.
but now its time to make up for past mistakes.

any help is greatly appreciated

Tomm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 8 of 26

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия