electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
viewsonic 32in lcd tv power supply broken
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaimegmr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Anyone know where to get the N3856VA(g) chips?

I am currently selling my extra N3856 chips on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Niko-Sem-N3856-Synchronous-Rectification-Controller_W0QQitemZ130359609131QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e5a09c72b
lcdtech

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: N2750W (PCB fsp204-2f01) - same symptoms, test mode OK? Reply with quote

I am working on a N2750W with the same power problem described in the thread. I have not checked the power supply board yet (fsp204-2f01, used also on many 26-32" models), for the following reasons:

1. the service manual says "check voltage on C101 16V if not replace power PCB but if one goes into a special mode (cycles primary colors on the LCD panel, can be entered into by pressing MENU + ENTER + Power button) it seems that the backlights work, colors cycle normally, etc.

2. the symptoms otherwise match exactly what was described earlier in the thread

Before I dig into the fsp2042f01 (or order replacement) can someone please help make sense of this logically? Is it possible that the test mode uses power & main board circuitry different than normal mode? I think I have the schematics of this model (N2750W) including fsp2042f01 and can upload them if needed.
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power supplies need a signal to turn "on." When you put your set into test mode, the power supply gets this signal to turn "on." When you try to turn your set "on" normally, the power supply must not be getting this signal. Usually comes from Main/Logic board. Cool
train123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Repair tip for Viewsonic N3250W or N3235W power supply Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Evil or Very Mad PEOPLE [SZASZ] JUST CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO READ PRIOR POSTS (or just do a "Search" for "zd4"!)

"The answer to MY question couldn't possibly be there already." Evil or Very Mad

JRnTX wrote:
I just repaired an FSP 212-3F01 power supply in a Viewsonic N3250W. I have seen the same power supply listed for the N3235W. This one was totally dead with no 5V standby present. The problem was a shorted internal voltage regulator made up of Q7 and ZD4. The Q7 is a SOT23 size device and appears to be too small and over heats in the design. In this case it shorted from the over heating and that caused ZD4 to fail and shut down a 15V bias supply on the power supply board. I replaced Q7 with a 2N4401 to give it more power capability. Any small NPN transistor with a 25V or higher Vce rating will probably work. ZD4 is a 15V zener diode. Note that there appear to be two or three power supplies used in these TVs. This fix may also apply to similar FSP power supplies such as the FSP 228 but that has not been verified.

I did some digging and found a part number for people looking to replace Q7. Fairchild has the SOT-23 version as MMBT4401 with a max current rating of 0.6 Amps. If someone wants even more power handling, the MMBT2222A is an exact drop in package with 1.0 A Ic current rating.
kezug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...I have just acquired a ViewSonic n3251w and when plugged in, the standby light glows. When I turn it on, it only stays on for 30 seconds. I do get something on the screen (right now blue screen but I do see channel display). Then it shuts off and I have to wait, unplug/plug and it can be turned on again, but only for 30 seconds and then it shuts off.

I do smell a hint of something burning, but nothing major and no smoke.

So, I suspect it is a faulty power supply and will be removing the back panel to see which power supply unit it is (as I understand it can be one of two models).

Question. If I simply replace the power supply with the same (fsp2042f01 or fsp2042f02) will it just blow again in a short while or have the replacement power supplies been "fixed" to now go out so soon?

Also, any of you that have replaced the power supply or the capacitors...how about chiming in and giving us feedback on how your unit is doing and how long its been "living"!
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a television that holds up like your prior CRT set did/does, may I suggest another CRT set. Laughing
kezug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I pulled off the panel and found this fsp2042f01 power supply.

Have the replacement power supplies been fixed to avoid this same issue of burning out?

I am also wanting to hear from others who have replaced the PS...are you st ill holding up?

Check out this supply unit...its capacitors are bulging or melted.

kezug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CORRECTION

Ok, I pulled off the panel and found this FSP212-SF01 power supply.

Have the replacement power supplies been fixed to avoid this same issue of burning out?

I am also wanting to hear from others who have replaced the PS...are you st ill holding up?

Check out this supply unit...its capacitors are bulging or melted.

[/quote]
kezug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one more pic as it shows the Model #.

train123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what I've read on this site, the FSP212-SF01 is no longer available and has been replaced by the FSP212-SF02. I believe the FSP212-SF02 needs a separate wire harness to make it work with your set. I can't comment on if the replacement power supply is any better but your old one has the same problem that plagues the electronic industry for a long time. Capacitors are greatly affected by age and heat, causing the material inside to dry out. Over time, the cheaper caps tend to breakdown and bulge as shown in your photo. Higher quality caps are made with materials more resistant to heat so will last longer. The electronic industry as a whole has also been plagued with counterfeit parts where you are getting a cheap knockoff. Even the power supply manufacturing companies can not tell the difference until many years later once they start failing. May people just replace the bulging caps with new ones and that usually solves the problem. Judging by your description on how the TV behaves, you changes are good that replacing the caps will fix your problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 12 of 26

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия