electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
4.5 year old 43" hitachi w/convergence problem fix or t

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: 4.5 year old 43" hitachi w/convergence problem fix or t Reply with quote

I have a Hitachi 43" projection TV model 43FDX10B. I purchased it March 2004. The blue horizontal wont line up. I went thru all of the steps in the consumer manual and still nothing. I called a repair company and they said it is a common convergence problem and it would cost $400.00 to fix it. I paid 1,800 for it 4 and a half years ago I hate to put another 400 into it if it is a common problem and it would probably happen again. Is this TV worth fixing or should I trash it or is it worth anything to somebody who knows how to fix it, or should I sell it for parts or simply sell the parts on the internet? I wouldn't think this TV is that old that it would need to be replaced but I hate to keep putting money into it if the opinion is that it is not worth fixing. I would appreciate anyones opinion on this.
Thanks
cory

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its worth repairing,just need to replace 2 convergence ics and check small resistors beside them next to yoke connectors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия