electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
lack of bright colors in my 15 year old LMX projection TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe w.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: lack of bright colors in my 15 year old LMX projection TV Reply with quote

can anything be done to restore the vibrance in the colors to the above TV? Everything looks kind of brown and muted.

Thanks
THE GREAT OZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: TV BRIGHTNESS PROBLEM Reply with quote

HELLO, Picture brightness problems in projection tv's stem from many areas. If I were in your position I would first (before making any electrical adjustments) remove one of the projection lenses (typicaly green) and look closely at the CRT surface. Green is the hottest of the three tubes and is responcible for the overall lumicity of the picture. If the surface is not white or has a brown tone to it two possibilitys arise. Bad fluid or burned phosphors. If the fluid is bad the whole sreen surface will have the cloudy or brownish tone. If the phosphors are burned the brownish tone will be a definte square where the picture has been running. If neither of these sysmtoms exsist the problem is electrical in nature and trouble shooting is required. OZ [email protected] Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия