electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Panasonic FAX KX-FC379CX, adjust transmission level

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zillah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Panasonic FAX KX-FC379CX, adjust transmission level Reply with quote

I am trying to use the fax machine that I bought from overseas (Panasonic model KX-FC379CX), when I tried to use it, it tells me that the transmission failed, the error report part of the error showed below :

Quote:

Telecom recommends the fax machine be adjusted for a transmission level of -15.0 to -17.0 dBm as the optimum range. Contact supplier for adjustment.

How can I adjust that , because when i went through manual I could not find that option!!!!

Regards
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need the service manual to make this adjustment.

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
torbjorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In which country are you trying to use the fax machine, and which country is it initially sold?

Usually, adjustment of the transmit level is only possible on telecom equipment intended for use in the U.S. In other countries, the transmit level has to be fixed and it is not allowed to have any adjustment possibility for it.
I have encountered problems with faxes and modems connected via badly managed PABXs which often give a lot of gain or loss between the subscriber and the outside line.

For a fax machine, a lot of loss is usually better than too much gain, which might cause saturation, distortion and so on. It could be a good idea to try connecting an attenuator pad of perhaps 5 or 10 dB between the fax and the line, but then make sure that it does not create a DC path across the line or load down the ringing signal too much.

Another cause for problems might be that the fax machine is manufactured for another line impedance than is standardized for your country.
Traditionally, 600 ohms resistive impedance was used in a lot of countries. But today, various complex impedances are more common. For example, most european countries use 270 ohms in series with a RC network of 750 ohms parallel to 0,15 uF.
If the fax has a impedance that is not matched to the telephone network, the transmission will suffer from too much sidetone, i.e. "line echo".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия