electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba Rear Projection _ Keep Reseting RED LED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D0ngta0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Toshiba Rear Projection _ Keep Reseting RED LED Reply with quote

Hello, Does anyone have any information on how to service an old 97 Toshiba rear projection TV? Everytime I turn it on, it click and then unclick like self protection circuit kick in. I've pull the board out and confirm that the PowerCircuit is doing this. Note I have one PowerLED in the front and it keep flashing.
Anyone out there knows about TVs?
BeeBop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Duh! What's the model number? Question

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I took the boards out and the TV is not with me. I am just looking for general help if anyone has seen this. It's an old Projection TV that I bought back in 97 from Toshiba. It's 61" screen. The circuit board is a typical older design.
PoXFreak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Toshiba TP61g90/71g90 Reply with quote

This is the model number of your set, and if it is doing the telltale "self-protect" clicking, it is most likely the high voltage protect circuit kicking in. This could be caused by a number of different things within the high voltage circuit, including the flyback transformer, the horizontal output transistor, and other drive or power circuits on the power board. I am working on one right now and will report on what I find.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you dig up an old post??? What do you want or what are you selling. Prove me wrong. Unplug the over protect line and if it comes on with out convergence correction it's the convergence IC's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия