electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Convergence IC392-110 =? NTE7178?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d0ngta0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Convergence IC392-110 =? NTE7178? Reply with quote

Help!!!
I've a Toshiba 61" TV that will not come on and shut off after poweron. The LED in the front keep flashing. I've read the posting in this forum and took my chances with replacing two convergence IC392-110. I could not find this IC locally but there's an equivalent IC from NTE7178. It has the same exact specs as the IC392-110. After replacing them, the TV did not turn on, still click On then self click Off.

Help from anyone please who can guide me to the next step..... Thanks for reading
cory

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

model number?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory,
I don't have that information with me right now. I am not with the TV but I did all that yesterday. I am looking for some common pointer to check out
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the model, unplug the xray protect plug. If the set comes on, you know it's the convergence IC's. Also the 18vdc plug. And the STK's don't cross to NTE.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnie,
Before I replace the ICs, I did remove the reset wire from the bigger board, and all the lamps did turn on. I am not familiar with TV, so can you help me identify what is the Xray protect plug? Also what is the 18vdc plug?
Also the reason why I ask if the STK392-110 can be replace with the NET7178 is because I couldn't find any STK392-110 around and the only electronic store did said it cross reference to a NET7178. I've load the specs on both and the electrical parameters are the same.
Can you help me understand why you mention they are not compatible? I am attaching both specs if I could.
Thanks again for you reply
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Minnie,
Before I replace the ICs, I did remove the reset wire from the bigger board, and all the lamps did turn on. I am not familiar with TV, so can you help me identify what is the Xray protect plug? Also what is the 18vdc plug?
Also the reason why I ask if the STK392-110 can be replace with the NET7178 is because I couldn't find any STK392-110 around and the only electronic store did said it cross reference to a NET7178. I've load the specs on both and the electrical parameters are the same.
Can you help me understand why you mention they are not compatible? I am attaching both specs if I could.
Thanks again for you reply

If it came on with out convergence correction we're on the same page. Xray is labeled and 18vdc is labeled. Read the board. IE look at what the pins tell you. If you disable the 18 + -, it's convergence. STK392-110 = STK392-180. If you have a problem finding parts, Cory or I can help.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnie and Cory,
I like to add before all of this, when the TV didn't turned on. I did try something like you said, by removing the Power/Reset circuit from the Main board to the Convergence board, and the TV did turn on with all 3 lamps working. However, I quickly smell a resitors near one of the Convergence IC burning. So I quickly pull power to the whole TV.
From this test, I learn not to do that since it did take out a Resistor, but I also know that the Bulbs are still okay.

AnyIdea why the resistor burn? I did measure it aftward and it's around 6Ohms... the color of the Resistor is Red,Red,Gold,Gold, so I taken it's a 2.2 Ohms with 2Watt rating.

Anyway, does this still sounds like a Convergence problem? I am afraid to bypass anymore protective circuit now.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, the IC craps out and take resistor/resistors with it. These IC's control red vertical/horizontal, blue vertical/horizontal, and green vertical/horizontal. 3 verticals, 3 horizontals equals 6 resistors. The resistor is meant to fry to protect the vcc so you don't fry the source voltage/supply. Replace both STK392-110's, check all 6 resistors and change which ever resistors change from the original value. + or - .2 ohms is a big jump in this circuit. So if it's 2.2 and reads say 2.4 or 2.5 I replace them so it doesn't stress the IC's again.
D0ngta0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: TP61G60 from 1997 Reply with quote

Minnie,
You sounds like you have done this many times Smile Must be an Admin here? Anyway, look at the TV again and got the Model number it's a Toshiba TP61G60 from 1997. After looking at these circuits again reminded me of college lab days, so I like to learn more on how TV works.
Do you know where I can get an electrical schematic for it? And where can I get the fundamental about projection TV? For example, I keep hearing about the coolant, what is it used for?

I will try to look for more burn resistor and update you on my status..
Thanks again for your inputs

D0ngta0
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coolant is in the picture tubes. This should be as simple as replace the 2 STK392-110's and find the burnt resistors. This is a paper print so I can't pull it but if you read the resistors around the IC's, 1.8 ohm comes to mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия