electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung 52in! Potential good deal (easy fix?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tearinox

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Samsung 52in! Potential good deal (easy fix?) Reply with quote

I have a sweet TV that I am looking at picking up that functions PERFECTLY except for the screen is black.

Here's the ad:

Quote:

FREE to anyone picking it up.
Approzimately 3 years old. Recently the screen went black, all remote and sound functions work perfectly. I believe a new rear projection buld would fix it. (I just bought a new TV and didn't try to fix it)

Here's the details:

SAMSUNG Screen Size: 52 in.
Television Technology: Projection, CRT
Supported Resolution: 1080i
Supported Standards: HDCP

Connector Types: Composite video/audio output, Composite video/audio input, HD component input, DVI-HDCP, S-Video input, RF input, RF output, SPDIF output

Additional Features: On-screen Menu, First-surface Mirror, Anti-glare Filter

http://www.mediacollege.com/equipment/samsung/tv/hc/images/hcn529w.jpg

I don't know much about TV repair but this sounds like an easy fix! I know how to work on computers and understand that TVs are highly dangerous to work on because of the high voltage. Does anyone have some advice they could offer me?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the day job.
clark kent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: pickup tv Reply with quote

Go ahead my friend- it will likely be a simple fix, such as a fuse- or even, if the screen is black, it may just be a light at the back blown. There are many altruistic repairers who may fix this for you for nothing- Minnie or Cory seem canditates- after all, if Minnie can do enuff good deeds, he may be able to relocate from HELL!>.
cory

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant tell from the pic what madel it is.but if it is rear projo suspect either convergence ics or one of the crt mabe leaking.free is good deal.take it
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: pickup tv Reply with quote

clark kent wrote:
Go ahead my friend- it will likely be a simple fix, such as a fuse- or even, if the screen is black, it may just be a light at the back blown. There are many altruistic repairers who may fix this for you for nothing- Minnie or Cory seem canditates- after all, if Minnie can do enuff good deeds, he may be able to relocate from HELL!>.

Hell no I won't go!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия