electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
how to disassemble RM-887

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex_gs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: how to disassemble RM-887 Reply with quote

Hello service gurus,

I would like to ask a simple question. Hopefully this will be a very easy one for you, but I cannot find the way to do it myself.
I have TV Sony with remote control RM-887. The question is how to disassemble it. I removed the cover for batteries and unscrewed the bolt. But it does not open. Even if I push in all directions.

Please help if you have some experience. I don't want to break it.
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, majority of remotes(including Sony) are snapped together & not meant to be taken apart easy. It can be difficult & requires a rather strong Grip to squeeze the sides just enough to release the tabs.. Something to get used to doing without distorting the case.
Can try prying on a corner with something soft like a wooden Q-tip to start, but more likely will not look good afterward & may end up with a mess not counting the possibility of finger cuts /nicks.

Unless you know what you are doing, it's not worth it.
alex_gs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: 10x Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply.

You are right that it seems it's not meant to be disassembled this remote control. I will leave it until it still works. Although some buttons are not performing very well and all the time. I changed the batteries but some buttons are still not working from time to time, or you have to press them stronger.

I will have to search for a new one maybe...
szymek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
I have the same problem as you alex_gs Smile. Did you manage to disassemble the remote? If you did - please let me know how did you do that.
Regards
cory

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best way to take apart a remote is to use a guitar pick.slide it in the crack and slide along,putting moderate pressure.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a guitar pick to disassemble the remote. It worked well, as far as I see, I did not damage anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU!

I've been researching this all day..

Guitar pick worked perfectly, no damage.

Plent of damage from everything else i tried up until that.

Remote is RM-PG411 for STR-DE985 receiver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия