electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
keyboard on packard bell causing startup failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nastynasty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: keyboard on packard bell causing startup failure Reply with quote

i have a brand new packard bell easynote, modei Argo C2.
MS-MODEL:ARC21 IN 003D;;;

SOMEONE IN MY HOUSE ONE NIGHT AT A PARTY SAT ON THE KEYBOARD.
THE CENTRE KEYS IE:TYUFGHJKVBN ARE INDENTED AND THE LAPTOP WONT GO INTO BOOT UP. IT GETS AS FAR AS SPINING THE DVD DRIVE IN SPINNINGING UP THE HARD DRIVE BUT WONT GO ANY FURTHER,
I AM HOPING IT IS JUST SOMETHING CAUSING PRESSURE AND STOPING IT GET ANY FURTHER. I REALLY NEED A MANUAL SHOWING HOW TO STRIP IT DOWN...
I GET SO FAR, TAKING ALL THE SCREWS I CAN FIND OUT BUT SOMETHING IN THE CENTER IS STOPING ME FROM OPENING IT.. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME AS I THINK IT IS A SHAME TO JUST SCRAP IT..
2 MONTHS OLD, BUT THE WARANTY DOESN'T COVER SOMEONE SITTING ON IT Sad
HobWebs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are screws under the keyboard which must be removed before you can separate the two main parts of the casing.
After removing one screw on each hinge cover, you should then be able to prise off the plastic bezel above the keyboard. This is the one with the power and wifi switches on it. The screen must be tilted right back for the hinge covers to clear.
You will then lift the top of the keyboard gently and slide it upwards towards the screen hinges. Don't pull too quickly - you will have to remove the ribbon cable under the keyboard once it is free.
HobWebs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just stripped the Easynote Argo C (what a cheap and nasty thing it is!)

Forgot to mention in my previous post - there are also screws under the plastic bezel I spoke of. There is one hiding under the screen (vga) cable. You'll need to disconnect it gently and pull up the cable to get to it.

If you need to get to more than the keyboard - make sure you disconnect the black and grey WiFi cables that pass thru the motherboard and the touchpad cable so the screen assembly can come away with the top part of the casing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's right - the keyboard won't budge on this model until you remove 2 or 4 screws underneath the laptop itself. Then the keyboard slides up towards the screen with ease.

Don't pull at it until the screws are out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия