electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KP-53v25 wont turn on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrwizard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Sony KP-53v25 wont turn on Reply with quote

My projection TV is a 1995 model Sony KP-53V25, Great TV up till yesterday.

You turn it on and the Standby light(red)usually just blinks once and turns off. Once an awhile it my blink twice and shut down. And sometimes a continue blink. But most of the time 1 blink and off again.

I have check over the boards, I don't know which is which. I did find a hard to get board on the RH side , running parallel with the side, that had a bad fuse. (there are two next to one another) the furthest one toward the back of the TV is blown. I swapped them and the other one blew in the aft position.The fuses are 125volys ,3.5 amps. I plan on getting two tomorrow but I have a feeling the aft one will blow again.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Thank you
K

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you are still trying to solve this .... get some "slow blow" 3.15A fuses which may delay the problem. My best guess, since I had the same problem, is that the convergence chips (underneath those big heat sinks below the fuses) are going bad. Almost impossible to get someone to work on, without exceeding the replacement cost of the set.

K

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: convergence ic'c Reply with quote

K wrote:
Well, if you are still trying to solve this .... get some "slow blow" 3.15A fuses which may delay the problem. My best guess, since I had the same problem, is that the convergence chips (underneath those big heat sinks below the fuses) are going bad. Almost impossible to get someone to work on, without exceeding the replacement cost of the set.

K

replace both ic's plus fuse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия