electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KP-53v25 wont turn on
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrwizard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Sony KP-53v25 wont turn on Reply with quote

My projection TV is a 1995 model Sony KP-53V25, Great TV up till yesterday.

You turn it on and the Standby light(red)usually just blinks once and turns off. Once an awhile it my blink twice and shut down. And sometimes a continue blink. But most of the time 1 blink and off again.

I have check over the boards, I don't know which is which. I did find a hard to get board on the RH side , running parallel with the side, that had a bad fuse. (there are two next to one another) the furthest one toward the back of the TV is blown. I swapped them and the other one blew in the aft position.The fuses are 125volys ,3.5 amps. I plan on getting two tomorrow but I have a feeling the aft one will blow again.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.
Jason

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Sony KP-53V25 Problems Reply with quote

On your TV, is it the board on the right if you're looking at the back of the TV, or is it the board where the power wire connects to? If it's the board where the power cord connects to, thats the power supply board and you would have to check the diodes and resistors on it for shorts or open connections. If its the other, you're looking some work. I'm working on my friend's KP53S15 - close relationship to your TV. If the fuses are burnt on the board thats not the power supply, its probably the convergence board. Was your picture messed up before it quit? For example, colors not aligning up, red or blue shadows hanging off of images. Usually when either one or both of the convergence chips(2 Big Black Chips roughly 1.5x3.5 inches wide) start to fail, they burn the fuse. Sometimes people change the fuse and the tv works again. You would have to change the chips along with the fuses. On this TV that I'm working on, someone just changed the fuse and since the chip was bad, it burned a hole in the circuit board. I'm not sure which chip you have, but the number on the chip should look similar to STK392-010. I payed about $20 for the both of mine and you could find them online either at www.electronix.com, www.mcminone.com, or www.partsolver.com. They are screwed to a metal heatsink and are a little tricky to remove if your new to soldering. If you plan on fixing it yourself, make sure you clean the old stuff off the heatsink an put a thin coat of new heatsink compound on the backside of the new chips. It should be white in color. Hope this info helps you out. Good luck.
sh56aak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: sony kp53v25 Reply with quote

I have a sony KP53V25. Same problem. Blinks but does not turn on.
I want to replace both convergence chips. I checked the prices on mcmonline and electronix.com. mcmonline has STK392-010 for $11.95 and electronix.com has $55.52. big difference. Do i need to order 2 chips..same part#? there are 2 chips on the board.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Sony KP-53v25 wont turn on Reply with quote

zrwizard wrote:
My projection TV is a 1995 model Sony KP-53V25, Great TV up till yesterday.

You turn it on and the Standby light(red)usually just blinks once and turns off. Once an awhile it my blink twice and shut down. And sometimes a continue blink. But most of the time 1 blink and off again.

I have check over the boards, I don't know which is which. I did find a hard to get board on the RH side , running parallel with the side, that had a bad fuse. (there are two next to one another) the furthest one toward the back of the TV is blown. I swapped them and the other one blew in the aft position.The fuses are 125volys ,3.5 amps. I plan on getting two tomorrow but I have a feeling the aft one will blow again.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Whats the location # of the fuse/fuses that are blown.
sh56aak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: location Reply with quote

1st fuse towards the rear is blown on the board with convergence chips. i.e. location is F1602.
cory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

replace both stk392-110 ics and the 3.15 amp fuse and you will be ok.
sh56aak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: replace stk392 Reply with quote

thanks... U said to replace both stk392-110. think you meant to say replace both stk392-010. right?

Questions is: Can I replace with STK392-010 Sanyo brand instead of Sony brand. I checked the online prices, Sony brand was $55+ and Sanyo brand is $11+. Is there a difference?
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use STK392-040's, same as the 020's just higher watts.
cory

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry meant stk 392-010.either brand ok.
david280z

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Sony TV repair Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, I changed the chips you mentioned and the fuses, and my TV works great, your info helped me do the repair myself.

Thanks, Dave. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия