electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Denon UD M50 Mini System CD Problems
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garry C.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Denon UD M50 Mini System CD Problems Reply with quote

Have a Denon UD M50 Mini which is giving me some trouble, specifically the CD changer. When pressing any of the CD selection buttons on the front panel such action results is endless shifting of the three trays which requires me to pull the plug to get it to stop. And sometimes the drawer does come out with tray 2 when I pressed button 1 or tray 3 when I press button 2.

Any suggestions or schematics on the correct order of installing the trays. I think it may be the sequencing of the trays. Thanks in advance.

Garry C
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try cleaning the optics with a qtip and isopropyl alcohol.
Garry C.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnie,

Great idea! I tried it, but unfortunately the same problem. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Garry C.
gary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mechs in that model are horrendous to set up, i was told once that denon actually withdrew them from sale because of the problems, the manual is a complete waste of time, it goes into detail on how to install 2 of the trays but does not even mention the 3rd, i refuse flat to even look at them anymore. best bet is to see if you can get a complete mech from somewhere.
Ibbotsnm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Denon UD-M50 CD tray Reply with quote

Garry,

I once experienced the same problem with my system. It occurred after I had disassembled and reassembled the carousel mech. I had not noticed that the trays are marked with small plastic pips at the rear of each. the pips are binary weighted. ie. pip1 for tray 1, pip2 for tray 2 and both pips for tray 3 . If as I had done, the trays were not inserted correctly in that I had obtained a spare tray 2 and tried to use it to replace a broken tray 3 ( in every other respect the trays are identical), the electronics became confused and the trays cycled endlessly. In your case, if the trays had never been removed, it might be that one of the two small switches that the plastic pips close, might have broken or jammed and the microprocessor will see for example tray 1, 3, 1, 3, 1 ...... rather than 1,2,3,1,2,3, ... etc. My problem disappeared once I had re-aligned the trays correctly.

Hope this helps
Ibbotsnm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: UD-M50 trays Reply with quote

PS.

Forgot to mention, I can let you have a copy of the relevant repair manual instructions if you indicate your Email address.
Regards

Ibbotsnm
vslane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: ud-m50 trays Reply with quote

if "Ibbotsnm" wouldn't mind, I'd like a copy of the repair manual for this one?

I have this model and it worked great up until last month. Suddenly, it won't open the door and eject any of the trays, and the screen reads "mech error". I would take it apart to fix, but prefer to have a manual to assist with putting it back together.

thank you in advance.
vschickie at yahoo dot com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: I FIXED IT Reply with quote

I never did get that repair manual but here's what I did:

Originally, I had loaded 3 CDs (I thought), into my Denon UD-m50 CD player. I tried to play one, but it made horrible noises and then the screen read "MECH ERROR" and it wouldn't eject anything. It also kept blinking a yellow light at me even when the thing was off.

so, I unplugged it from all the cables and from the wall.
I removed the top cover, and saw the top CD tray (just under the big white round thingie) was stuck mid-way. I very gently used a small screwdriver to push the tray towards the front of the machine.

then (since I didn't have the manual and I had no idea what else to do), I plugged it back into the electrical outlet, and turned it on. It made noises, but it DID eject the tray. Turns out, there was a black CD in tray 2, and I had accidently put another CD on top of it. DOH!

User error!

I think because it was a dark colored CD and matched the color of the tray, I didn't notice that a CD was already in that tray, that is why I put a 2nd one on top. Doh!

So I removed all the CDs. tested all the trays ejecting, etc.
I also put in a CD (not an important one this time), and made sure it still played, etc. it worked.

Then put the cover back on, and gently screwed in all the screws, and plugged it in to all the speakers/wires again.

I proudly showed my husband what I had done, and DAMN I got that Mech. error again. But this time no CDs were in the thing.

So I took it apart again, plugged in, and then it worked.
I put the cover back on, tightened the screws, and it gave me an error.

I loosened the last 2 screws (the big ones on the sides near the front) and WHAT THE HECK - it worked.

I'll be darned why 2 loose screws a good cdplayer makes, but yippee it works now.

I admit this is NOT my favorite CD player in the house...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my ud-m50 has no sound but a high pitched wine as from the cd motor? i get the same from the headphone jack too, any ideas? or any wire diagrams?
Thanks
Dave
harv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: UD-M50 trays Reply with quote

[quote="Ibbotsnm"]PS.

Forgot to mention, I can let you have a copy of the relevant repair manual instructions if you indicate your Email address.
Regards
#
could you also send me a copy of the manual please. Grand daughter loaded 4 cd's into mech !
best regards

[email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия