electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Odd Information Request, Headphones and Relays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoktorD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Odd Information Request, Headphones and Relays Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I have a question that I can't really get an answer to anywhere else. I'm making a science project and I'm trying to see if I can't use my mp3 player to operate a relay switch.

Now from what i've read, headphones use AC current to create sound. I took my multimeter and tested the wires from a cut headphone playing a constant tone and got a reading of around 2.450 on the 4m setting. (Not sure the units, would that be 2.450 milliamperes?)

What I want to know is what kind of relay could I use with that kind of power? I want the relay to operate a 12V model motor.

What kind of relay could I use? Would a relay be able to be tripped by that amperage?
hotwaterwizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need is a Vox circuit.
Email me for a circuit.
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hotwaterwizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия