electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony CMT-CP101
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeandino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Sony CMT-CP101 Reply with quote

I have a audioset from Sony type CMT-CP101, this set gives almost no sound at the maximun volume. Is there somebody now`s the problem.

Thanks, Rene.
rocco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony CMT-CP101 Reply with quote

jeandino wrote:
I have a audioset from Sony type CMT-CP101, this set gives almost no sound at the maximun volume. Is there somebody now`s the problem.

Thanks, Rene.

I have the same trouble with my sony CP101. Did you find the cause?

Regards
Don Pivo

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
my CMT-CP101 suffers n the same desease.
please help !
regards

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
i found something: there is an irish site offering the Q330 transistor which is obviously responsible for " Power on Muting" on the CP101 mainboard. its Partnumber is KRC103S (please google !).
the only thing is, that they charge 12,50 Euro for shipping to europe.
may that SMD transistor be the cause to our problems?
regards.
breagan

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: cpt101 Reply with quote

Q 330 is the muting transistor (KRC103) which goes faulty also change the jumper wire JW307 to a 470 ohm carbon resistor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the information.
Do you know where to get the transistor from?
best regards.

(dsf.schmidt$web.de)
bluerobboman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: sony cmt cp101 low audio levels Reply with quote

Hi all,
First of all I confirmed that the Q330 power on muting transistor was at fault by substituting it with one of two others on the PWB namely Q308 CD on switch or Q304 Tuner On switch. The former restored full o/p power whilst the CD could not now be enabled. Static checks showed Q330 Base o/c having downloaded the data sheet for KRC103S I noted the device I removed was not marked correctly on inspection prehaps an equivalent ? Now to the interesting bit, being in the industry what a hard component to find ! That is if you don't wish to pay an extraodinary ammount from a certain Irish component supplier. Best results so far outside of SONY of course is a firm called Vision Aids KRC103S @ £3.44 each plus £2.00 P&P + VAT, Another option altough not tried out, is a pre biased transistor made by Diodes Incorporated in the Digi-key catalogue part number DDTC124ECADICT-ND @ £0.23 each plus P&P + VAT. looking at the circuit I personally cannot see any reason for such a high number of these devices to fail i.e. stress etc. Hope some of this helps Regds Rob.
dar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: sony cmt cp101 low audio levels Reply with quote

I read this on Wednesday, ordered the transistor on-line as suggested, got the part this morning, replaced the transistor one hour ago. Sound fully restored - Thank you bluerobboman!

bluerobboman wrote:
Hi all,
First of all I confirmed that the Q330 power on muting transistor was at fault by substituting it with one of two others on the PWB namely Q308 CD on switch or Q304 Tuner On switch. The former restored full o/p power whilst the CD could not now be enabled. Static checks showed Q330 Base o/c having downloaded the data sheet for KRC103S I noted the device I removed was not marked correctly on inspection prehaps an equivalent ? Now to the interesting bit, being in the industry what a hard component to find ! That is if you don't wish to pay an extraodinary ammount from a certain Irish component supplier. Best results so far outside of SONY of course is a firm called Vision Aids KRC103S @ £3.44 each plus £2.00 P&P + VAT, Another option altough not tried out, is a pre biased transistor made by Diodes Incorporated in the Digi-key catalogue part number DDTC124ECADICT-ND @ £0.23 each plus P&P + VAT. looking at the circuit I personally cannot see any reason for such a high number of these devices to fail i.e. stress etc. Hope some of this helps Regds Rob.
Ile Finland

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Sony CMT-CP101 Reply with quote

No sound at the maximun volume:
Replaced Q330 KRC103S is same as DTC124EK
and change JW370 jumper wire to 470ohm carbon resistor (475ohm).
That`s it!
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Sony CMT-CP101 steroe system Reply with quote

Hi, I am Otto, Danish living in Cyprus. Pretty pissed off by same problem, i.e. no output some of the time. Try switching functions, some times it helps, i.e. tape/MD etc. Sony is pissing us off with inferior components, I don't think it has anything to do with the outpuit moodule, it must be the switch thet reallocates channels from different inputs, think Sony should come up with an eplanation on why and how to remedy...
Otto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия