electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Front A/V jacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucksone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Front A/V jacks Reply with quote

I have a Samsung tv and I am having trouble with the front A/V jacks. We had the dvd player plugged into the rear jacks and used the front jacks for the game console. Unfortunately we constantly plugged and unplugged the game console, which seems to have damaged the front jacks. Even with nothing plugged into them they acted if there was something plugged in and since the front jacks take precedence over the rear jacks, this made it hard to watch dvd's. I got an A/B switch thing and plugged this into the back jacks and plugged the dvd player and game console into this, so I just switched back and forth between A and B for gaming or dvd watching. I discovered that on the front jacks, if I had a rubber band stretched around them just so, the tv would ignore the front jacks in favor of the back jacks. This worked OK for a while, but lately it isn't working as well. My question is whether this is something an amateur like me can fix, or should the tv go in for repair? I really would be satisfied if the front jacks were just disabled completely as we use the rear jacks and the A/B switch thing anyhow. If it has to go in to a repair place, would this be something expensive to fix? My thanks in advance for any suggestions.
cory

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try resoldering the connections on the rca jacks.probably solder connections cracked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия