electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Dell D1626HT monitor wavy lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scrungy_doolittle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Dell D1626HT monitor wavy lines Reply with quote

I like my big old monitor, but recently it has started exhibiting strange behavior. I suspect it is a cap.
I found the schematics online, so I have them.
The symptom is as follows.
The sides of the screen have squiggles. NOW:The strange thing.
On a normal TV when this happens, some of the scan lines are shifted to the right, and the left edge follows them. In THIS case, the wiggles are on both sides of the screen , BUT they are symetrical. That is, if on the left side of the screen, the scan line starts a 1/2 inch toward the middle, the right edge of the screen will be 1/2 inch toward the middle. It's like the scan line shortened from both ends, centered on the screen.
The wavy edges are opposites like the middle of an hour glass, rather than wiggling in paralell.
Does anyone have a clue where I should be looking for this problem.
This distorts the entire screen, and the wavy pattern is not static.
I.e. it shifts some.
cheers
torbjorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a well known type of problem with some kinds of monitors. In the past, i have encountered it on Nokia 449 series as well as on some old AOC EGA monitors.

If the monitor has the horizontal deflection separated from the EHT supply, then the width control and E/W correction is usually done by controlling the supply voltage to the horizontal deflection output stage.
If now this control is done by a step-down voltage regulator that does not run in sync with the horizontal deflection, such "wiggles" in the line length will occur if there is not enough filtering between the regulator and the horizontal output.
So, check the electrolytics connected to this supply line!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия