electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
YAMAHA RX-V2500 PA Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irobot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: YAMAHA RX-V2500 PA Problem Reply with quote

Hi All

I hope someone can help with this:

I have a RX-V2500 on the bench with what I believe to be a strange bias problem on the SL channel output stage. DIAG mode displays DC Protect fault.

So here's the scoop -

Upon power up I read about -1.5V on the speaker output, which climbs to about -3.1V volts after about 20 seconds, then of course the DC protect kicks in and shuts it down.

I see this same -1.5V ~ -3.0V on the input to the PA (this is the "VSL" signal). It also too slowly climbs up to about -3.0.

The same voltages (-1.5V ~ -3.5V) show up on both emitters of the complementary transistor pair prior to the finals.

I replaced almost every component in the bias and output stage including the finals and .22Ohm pair. I checked for any possible floating grounds.

I also checked and rechecked components on the preamp/driver board.

The other channels are all fine.

By now I'm pulling my hair out!

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия