electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
LG RZ-20LA70 LCD TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adriansmith31

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: LG RZ-20LA70 LCD TV Reply with quote

A 20" LCD TV recently came into my hands that unfortunatley is just out of warranty. The unit stays in standby with the red power LED lit but however if power is pressed, it briefly turns green then back to red again as if its trying to start up.

I have checked the internal PSU that provides the +5V and +15V supplies to the main PCB and this checks OK although the 15V supply seems a little high at 16V - maybe no load? I poked around on the main board and saw three IC voltage regulators that had 5V on the input and 3.3V on the output except for one. Clearly this IC isn't getting its supply correctly as its input is 0.7V and its not tied to the 5V or 15V rails. I spent over 3 hours trying to trace its input supply through the multi layer board and came up with nothing obvious. The input voltage does not change when it tries to start up either and the IC itself checks out OK.

Has anyone worked on these LCD TV's before as I'd like to get this working if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: ANY ANSWER ON THIS PROBLEM YET? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have the same problem, with the same set. Has anyone found the answer to it yet?

TIA

Mick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: LG RZ-20LA70 LCD TV Reply with quote

I have a slightly different problem.

When I switch the TV the picture will flash on and then go really dark. If you stare at the screen you can make out that the picture is behind it just very dark.

I have tried the colour and contrast and even the menu when it is on the screen is dark.

Any Ideas would be welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: hi, Reply with quote

best bet is to buy one on ebay swap the parts as long the screen isn't broken. If when the tv is on the screen darkens the backlight is no good.Best advice is to look on ebay for some as is tv's of the same model and swap parts..
Shawn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: AIWA TV problem Reply with quote

Aiwa F-2400U TV, when I turn it on then turns off it self immediatly. Anyone knows what is this problem and may have any suggestions to fix it? Thanks!! Sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: AIWA TV problem Reply with quote

Shawn wrote:
Aiwa F-2400U TV, shuts off it self in few seconts after turned on. Anyone knows what is this problem and may have some suggestions to fix it? Thanks!! Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия