electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KV-27TS27 No Color

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgionet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Sony KV-27TS27 No Color Reply with quote

I have a Sony KV-27TS27 TV with a perfect Black and white picture. No color. The menu and channel come out in color. Any thoughts as to what could be causing this?
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be tuner or bad jungle IC. I'd try soldering the jungle ic and around it first.
frank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony KV-27TS27 No Color Reply with quote

rgionet wrote:
I have a Sony KV-27TS27 TV with a perfect Black and white picture. No color. The menu and channel come out in color. Any thoughts as to what could be causing this?

Also check the cristal.next to the jungle ic
rgionet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Sony KV-27TS27 No Color Reply with quote

What is the part number of the crystal you are referring to. I checked all solder connections around the Jungle and resoldered. The color is still missing and the channel and menu still come up in color. I tried a DVD player on the input jacks and there was no color either. Any more suggestions???
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you run a DVD player through video 1 do you have color?
Frank

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony KV-27TS27 No Color Reply with quote

rgionet wrote:
What is the part number of the crystal you are referring to. I checked all solder connections around the Jungle and resoldered. The color is still missing and the channel and menu still come up in color. I tried a DVD player on the input jacks and there was no color either. Any more suggestions???

don't know placement # but it shoul read 3.5mhz or or some like.go here;
vectron.com/products/xtal
rgionet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Sony KV-27TS27 No Color Reply with quote

Frank,
I tried to access that website you gave me, but it comes up as a dead link. Just out of curiosity, how do these crystals affect the color in the tvs?

... and as to the previous question from Minnie, yes, I have tried to run the dvd through video 1, and still no color other than that on the menu of tv.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Sony KV-27TS27 No Color Reply with quote

rgionet wrote:
Frank,
I tried to access that website you gave me, but it comes up as a dead link. Just out of curiosity, how do these crystals affect the color in the tvs?

... and as to the previous question from Minnie, yes, I have tried to run the dvd through video 1, and still no color other than that on the menu of tv.

this is a croma Vco (Voltage control) cristal filter.
Some possibilities in no particular order:

Weak signal or defect in tuner/IF causing loss of signal strength.

Coler killer set too high (internal control) if it has one.

Defective part around the chroma chip/circuit. Faulty color oscillator.

Bad connections in area of chroma chip/circuit.

Defective chroma chip (don't suspect this first just because it is probably very expensive).
A service manual or Sams', DMM, and scope will help greatly in attempting to troubleshoot this unless it is an obvious bad connection. Try prodding the main board around the chroma chip with an insulated tool to see if you can make the color come and
Frank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Sony KV-27TS27 No Color Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
rgionet wrote:
Frank,

this is a croma Vco (Voltage control) cristal filter.
Some possibilities in no particular order:

Defective chroma chip (don't suspect this first just because it is probably very expensive).
A service manual or Sams', DMM, and scope will help greatly in attempting to troubleshoot this unless it is an obvious bad connection. Try prodding the main board around the chroma chip with an insulated tool to see if you can make the color come and

A service manual or Sams', DMM, and scope will help greatly in attempting to troubleshoot this unless it is an obvious bad connection. Try prodding the main board around the chroma chip with an insulated tool to see if you can make the color come and go.

I had one set where a $.02 resistor decided to open up causing just this problem - perfect BW picture, no color. Another had a coil with a broken wire.other had the croma vco cristal bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия