electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony DVPS-400D DVD Alignment problems.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knowak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Sony DVPS-400D DVD Alignment problems. Reply with quote

I just got a new KHM-240AAA dvd pickup, for a Sony DVPS-400D DVD player. After installation, I am receiving the same error message as the old unit. "FOCUS Servo Does not operate. I can get it to play CD's, however no luck with playing DVDs. Is there something I missed in the install, or maybe I have a defective dvd pickup?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having been in repair business, have seen quite a few units.....No , You did not miss anything. sounds like a problem in the signal board;possibly servo processor or RF amp which makes it uneconomical to repair---at least you can use it as a cd player

May be able to pinpoint by checking the "system diagnosis" (title/clear/pwr---select 0)
knowak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, I was able to get the laser focus to work, and then it crapped out on the sled during the Drive Adjustment.. Figured I would get more life out of this unit considering I only had 88 hours of play time on it.
mark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your digital board is dead. is the bd-89 board or whatever it is.
we stopped fixing dvd players a long time ago, mainly because they are not
wirth fixing.

but, in your case its not the optics, its the board. board is probably NLA.
time to buy a new player.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия