electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Speaker Volume Low

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
High Roller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Speaker Volume Low Reply with quote

I have a Curtis RCD8563 CD Stereo stereo with four speakers. Recently, I've noticed a reduction in speaker volume in one of the four speakers. One jack has no effect on the speaker when I take it in or out. The volume in the right speakers is about 50-60% of that of the left. This is true with when using the headphone jack as well.

I've traced the wires from the jacks to into the first circuit board and each of the four wires (in a band) seem to have conductivity. I then traced six band wires from one circuit board to a second board and those have conductivity also. I haven't tried voltage tests as I don't know where I should be reading it.

Any ideas of how to approach this? Oh, the sound from the Radio is also the same low volume out of the right speakers. It's not the speakers---I tried reversing them and same problem. One of the jacks is dead (???) but the wires from it show their good.

I'm a novist at this so any input would be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия