electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Looking for Stabilock 4040 radio test sets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Buy, sell, trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
torbjorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Looking for Stabilock 4040 radio test sets Reply with quote

Anyone who knows of a Stabilock 4040 that might be for sale, preferrably in northern Europe? It doesn't matter if the instrument is defective or even badly damaged or incomplete, as far as the price is fair.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: stabilock 4040 in North America Reply with quote

I have one - unit has not been calibrated since the late 80's...
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: stabilock 4040 in North America Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I have one - unit has not been calibrated since the late 80's...

Ok, how does he contact you?
saw1970_97

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Stabilock 4040 radio test sets Reply with quote

There is one for sale here, not mine,
http://electronics.jeep.elementfx.com/
Price was at 51.00 when I looked.
torbjorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a pity that i was not able to follow the auction, and that it was in the US. Well, there will certainly come more occasions...
[email protected]

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Available Stabilock 4040 Test Set Reply with quote

I do have a test set which I would like to part with. It does not have a current calibration.Let me know if your are still in need.
Thanks
Stalin
dk3he

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: My 4040 has following problem Reply with quote

Hallo Thorbjörn (OR ANYBODY ELSE),

I saw you were looking for a stabilock 4040 test set, even in damaged condition.
May I assume that you have some kowledge about that set?

My 4040 has following problem:
after power ON it beeps permanently, it does not enter initialization, all Displays show strange figures (fixed, and always the same). It does not react to any push button.

Do you have any hint for me where to look?

Thank you,
Eberhard. [email protected]
torbjorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most likely problem is the backup battery on the CPU board, it may leak and cause corrosion or leakage current problems.

Another common problem is all small electrolytic capacitors, they are usually in bad condition if they haven't been replaced before. Particularly in instruments that have been used in a production line, switched on 24/7 for many years. The dark red "ERO" capacitors seem to be of better quality than the smaller black ones. Usually, the electrolytics are in worse condition in the screened modules than on the open PCBs, as the screened modules run hotter.
A few of the electrolytics should best be replaced with low-ESR parts, but i don't have the list of critical positions on hand for the moment.
The big electrolytics in the power supply seldom cause any problems. But please note that the filter capacitors on the outputs from the four step-down converters (four caps for each voltage) may fail with short circuit. In this case, it is easiest to replace all caps for that voltage as they must anyway be desoldered for measurement.

A common problem in the power supply is the flat blade connectors on the bridge rectifier, those connectors are often badly crimped to the wires. It is better to cut off the connectors and solder the wires to the rectifier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Buy, sell, trade All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия