electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Dead Screen on LG Plasma TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElCid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Dead Screen on LG Plasma TV Reply with quote

Hi,

I guess my earlier post fell thru the cracks, but if anyone has any idea how I might fix this problem it would be much appreciated.
After faultless operation for some years the screen is now completely dead. On switch-on, the green light flashes 10 times and then goes solid green but there is no life at all on the screen, but I do receive sound. I'm sure it's a power supply problem, but here in Andorra there are no repair facilities. The plus 15 on the Powerwel board is up at 200 volts and the other voltages are close to zero.

Monitor is MZ-42PZ24 (ABLLKS). Full part No. PDP42WVSN3. The three PS boards are:-

PDP 020417. 42SD3_YSUS
PDP 020417. 42SD3_YSUS
PW 1450 Rev E (Powerwel)

There are no fuses that I can see on any of the boards except for a soldered in fuse on the Powerwel board with an adjacent thermistor. Both components appear to be ok. I presume I will have to replace some boards.

On a UK web site I have found the following replacement boards, but they don't quite match the numbers in my monitor. Are they likely to be suitable? Finally, are the boards directly "switch-on" interchangeable, or
are there technical adjustments required after replacing the boards?

Original Board Numbers
CNTRL:6871QCH053A
6871QCH053E
6871QCH053F
6871QCH053G New Version Supplied in Kit 6871QCH053G
YSUS:6871QYH036A
6871QYH036B
6871QYH036C
6871QYH036D New Version Supplied in Kit 6871QYH0036D
ZSUS:6871QZH041A
6871QZH041B New Version Supplied in Kit 6871QZH041B

Any assistance greatly appreciated

ElCid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия