electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
problem tunning philips tvwith sky box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesbell

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: problem tunning philips tvwith sky box Reply with quote

Can you help me on this. I have a Philips TV that can't be tuned into sky. It has autostore function and finds Sky picture on 847Mhz but no sound, even when I try fine tune I can't get sound. I have tried other televisions and they work fine. This tele works ok with other inputs. It is connected through amplifier in loft on Sky rf2 output,channel68.
cheers
James

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just making a guess here, do you try changing from cable to antenna to see if you get sound?
jamesbell

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Just making a guess here, do you try changing from cable to antenna to see if you get sound?

Hi,
tried it today and no sound direct to ariel either, strange as works through scart. Do you think it has someting to do with ariel input?
cheers
James
minnie

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get sound when you hook it up scart? If you do you have a bad tuner I would assume.
jamesbell

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Do you get sound when you hook it up scart? If you do you have a bad tuner I would assume.

yep get sound through scart, can tuner be replaced?
minnie

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not familiar with sky box, assuming it's a satellite box. Is it a free view box or a subscribed box?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия