electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha HTR-5630 - Servicemanual and schematics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
el_mejor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Yamaha HTR-5630 - Servicemanual and schematics Reply with quote

Hello there!

The mentioned receiver always shuts down to standby-mode after a few seconds after turning it on. Has someone any idea to solve this problem? I thought it´ll be only some bad solder joints.
Is it possible, that the amp stage is the defect, or is´nt this possible because of the protective-curcuit?

Is there some diagnostics programm? I read that on some receivers there is some kind of self diagnostics mode if you press some specified buttons while turning the receiver on. But it didn´t work on my receiver.

To start some serious measurement, I think I need the schematics.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $9.99 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply, but I did buy a defective receiver to save money, not to spend it for a service manual to find out later, that I´m not able to repair it for less money.

Are there any other answers?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Thanks for reply, but I did buy a defective receiver to save money'

What a fucking tightass!
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be many things...
I used to work with various Yamaha receivers & to the best of my knowledge, they do have a "self diagnostic" feature which would help in finding the problem mainly directed to technicians with equipment by means of a code/number. To the average user it does not mean anything. Based on your description you could have a problem anywhere in power supply, preamp or final stage.
Yamaha's protection circuitry is pretty tight & monitors EVERYTHING from the speaker load down to every single supply rail & any current draw.
The most common is & has always been the output transistors which is not difficult to test with an ordinary vom but, on some of them rather a bastard to change & usually takes out a driver or a resistor or two. I can go on&on...
Unless you are familiar, you've got to have a print ---still not sure how much you'd be able to accomplish?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
'Thanks for reply, but I did buy a defective receiver to save money'

What a fucking tightass!

Thank you for your very helpful post! I thought forums like this one exist, because people WANT to save money. If everybody has the money to afford new equipment, why should anybody repair his defective stuff?

@ vtech:
Thank you for your constructive guessings. I have already started to dismount the receiver and found out, with the help of my multimeter and the datasheet, that one of the two final stages is blown. I suppose, that the supply-voltages for the amplifiers have a defect too. I will check this and the prestage tomorrow.
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

@ vtech:
Thank you for your constructive guessings. I have already started to dismount the receiver and found out, with the help of my multimeter and the datasheet, that one of the two final stages is blown. I suppose, that the supply-voltages for the amplifiers have a defect too. I will check this and the prestage tomorrow.

Not necessarily, make sure to check the resistor(s) especially the low-ohm & emitter resistors & driver/predriver transistor/diodes that pertain to the particular stage. It is hard to say for sure but, sometimes you may loose just the finals & sometimes it may back up to predriver/drivers. Your supply is probably ok--now if you did not fingd any bad outputs, then I would dfefinately suspect something in the supply

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked all semiconductors and the emitter-resistor, I´m pretty sure that the final stage IC is the only part I have to change.
The only thing I am wondering about is, that the receiver even shuts down if the defective amp IC is soldered out. I don´t think that the control curcuit is detecting, that this part is missing. Because of this, I´m affraid that I didn´t find all the faults. Or is there any reset functionality to tell the receiver, everything is alright now?

ANyway! I ordered the spare part and hope I´d be successful. I´m reporting if the receiver is running or smoking after the repairment. Smile
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...exactly what is the IC? I was not aware Yamaha has started using Ic's for outputs! I'm used to seeing discrete outputs & thought that you were able to find a defective output transistor which is rather easy to spot w/ a meter. If infact an Ic, how did you determine it being bad w/out any reference points or perhaps you have a diagram?

and you are correct: If it was a bad output IC, removing it , SHOULD allow the unit to at least stay powered On. ..at this point just not sure if you are in the right track & definately do not recommend any shotgun approach.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is, that my english is not that good, to be sure, that I´m saying everything correct.
The defective part is an stk402-120, and I think this is an IC, an integrated curcuit. I thought this is meaning the same as discrete amp.
If you study the datasheet, you can see, that every channel of the ampflifier consists of to stages, one for every polarity. And one of the two stages is short-curcuited.

I tryied to switch the unit on, with all of the submodules connected to it. Because I assumed, that the receiver does shut down, because one of them is missing. Result was, that the reciver shuts down even quicker as whitout them. So I guess, that there could be another fault. But that doesn´t make so much sense, because I think the defective amplifier stage is the result of overload and not of another defect in the unit.

I ordered the STK402-120 already, so I will try to change this part and hope that the receiver is a smart one and just detected the missing part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия