electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha HTR-5630 - Servicemanual and schematics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I see . Nothing wrong with your english... & yes the STk is infact an IC which yamaha is apparently started using.
But I am willing to bet that you are looking at rear channels ONLY. The STK in question is only a 2 channel audio amp while that suppose to be a 5 channel receiver.
I know for a fact that some other brands have used STK's as rear channels combined with seprate transistors for the mains. --sounds like yamaha is doing the same? On the other hand if they are going to use STK's only, there has got to be more than one?
el_mejor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two STk402-120. I guess one for the front channels and one for the rear. There is a STK404-120 also, I guess this one is for the center speaker, because it s an single-channel amp.

I soldered the STK404 out, just to make sure that I didn´t measure something wrong. Now the receiver shuts down immidiately after turning it off. This is telling me, that there MUST be some control mechanism inside of it and I hope, that after changing that defective STK402 the unit will work again.

In the meanwhile, I found out, that there is some diagnosis mode, which can be entered by holding down the "stereo/effect" and the "6CH input" button while turning the receiver on by pressing the standby-button. But without explaination, I don´t understand what the messages have to say. One of them could be some check for the supply. "DC:100% PS:10%". But I don´t know what this means.
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt it is all stk's. The reading on the test mode can help but you'd need to have the service manual and more than likely, knowing yamaha's protection circuitry is definately detecting the presence .

Assuming that you tried monitoring the voltages on the pin based on the datasheets to determine the bad STk... right?

As a general rule with audio stk's utilizing the datasheets;
you should be able to measure the plus& minus rails(must be balanced) along with close to zero at the output pins. When/if there is an internal failure within the stk, it almost always causes a dc level to appear at the output pin(s) which will trip the protection ckt.
el_mejor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I soldered the bad stk out of the curcuit and measured and compared the resistance of the output stages and one was short-curcuited.

I have another problem. Yamaha uses the stk402-120Y (14pins) and I suppose, that that one i ordered is only a STK402-120 (15pins). I noticed this difference to late. Unfortunatly I couldn´t found a shop which is selling the "Y"-Type. I´m waiting for the delivery. If it´s the wrong type, I had bad luck and I´m not able to get the receiver repaired. Then I better buy a brand new one.
el_mejor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah im such a dumbass. Laughing Of course is the type I ordered having 15 pins, but the 3rd is just missing. I just counted the existing ones. Have checked the datasheet again...

Now I´m looking forward to the delivery.
el_mejor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, I received the spare-part. I changed the defective part, but there must be another defect. I resetted the error memory, but nothing. The error code means that ther is something wrong with the power supply, but all voltages are in spec. I think that the fault is in the diagnostic curcuit. We will see...
el_mejor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The receiver didn't work after changing the amplifier IC in almost completely dismounted state. After measuring some voltages, i decided to assemble the receiver again (w/o the defective part soldered in) to store it in the cellar. After that I tried to switch it on a last time. And - it worked. I suppose there was some groundconnection missing. So I soldered in the spare part again which was i bit tricky because the wires were a bit to short (because it wasn*t the Yamaha spare part with the "Y"-appendix) and i had to lenghten them.

But in the end all the work was worth it and it was only the power stage IC defective. Thanks for all the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия