electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
APC back-ups CS 500VA gone mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reb0rn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: APC back-ups CS 500VA gone mad Reply with quote

I have this UPS almost 6 years (last year bought new battery) so far so good, but the problem started..

Today it gone mad while there was fine power current input it just gone to battery mode for 10sec and after that it stared verryyyy fast switching (PC instanly go on/off/on...) from battery to input current (10 times per secand),, than i tried to unplag it from power for 20-30 secands (and hear that "beep" like current being let out from capacitor) and it started to work again

I think something inside is failling being quite old, i have friend electrician he could take a look..., any advice what might went wrong?

I also notice now while its on battery it can hold only 40sec and than it just turn itself off, i tried unplaging PC, use 80w light bulb all the same it hold only for 40sec no matter the load on it even if nothing connected it hold the same ~40sec... also if i abuse it it start to fast click again (every time first it switch to battery mode for 10sec and only after that clicking start)
battery is fine fully charged 13.6V ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия