electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Mitsubishi WD-62825 green light blinking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi WD-62825 green light blinking Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Anybody has a solution for a problem I am having with the repair of a Mitsubishi DLPTV?

The set came in dead with orange LED blinking. I replaced the 1000uF caps with 680uF caps in the DM and FMT boards as advised in the service info from Mitsubishi. Result is that the set is still dead but now green LED is blinking continuosly. Tried deactivating the keyboard lock feature by holding the Menu button but set still won't power up.

Checked the halogen lamp and fans in the optical engine and these tested good. Voltages to the optical engine are not being switched on. However, related parts in the power supply are good.

Thanks for your suggestions.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, you replaced the 1000uf with 680uf. I know Mitts's has a bulletin about this. The set did not have a green blinking light before you changed the caps. Now it does. If the set was designed for 1000uf@16, 680uf@16 is too far off a drop. About 30%. I'd put new 1000uf back in. But you also forgot the 4 1000uf@16 on the power supply! I call this the bastard chassis. Replace the caps on the DM and FMT board with 1000uf. Replace the 4 1000uf caps on the power supply. This should bring you back to the orange blinking light. Hold down device/menu on the front of the set then and see what the code is. Mitt's has an easy button if need be. You can send in the whole chassis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия