electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sylvania 42" plasma logic board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawn2345

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Sylvania 42" plasma logic board Reply with quote

Hello,
I took my sylvania plasma tv in for repair & was told it had a bad logic board & they wanted about $500 to repair it. I told them no, took it home & ended up finding a logic board for just under $100. After replacing it still have the same problem. It turns on but no picture. They also told me the parameters need to be set when replacing it. Does anyone know how & what parameters need to be set? is this something i can do??

Thanks in advanced,

Shawn
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Sylvania 42" plasma logic board Reply with quote

Shawn2345 wrote:
Hello,
I took my sylvania plasma tv in for repair & was told it had a bad logic board & they wanted about $500 to repair it. I told them no, took it home & ended up finding a logic board for just under $100. After replacing it still have the same problem. It turns on but no picture. They also told me the parameters need to be set when replacing it. Does anyone know how & what parameters need to be set? is this something i can do??

Thanks in advanced,

Shawn

Their BSing you. Sounds like they 'guessed' and guessed wrong. On the back of the panel you'll see the VS/VA voltages listed. Check them on the power supply and see if there correct. Logic boards need no adjustment. Did you have sound?
shawn2345

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it does have sound
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn2345 wrote:
yes it does have sound

Go after the digital main board. If that doesn't fix it, it's the panel.
shawn2345

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should i still check those voltages?? The main board is the one with the video inputs on it correct?? Is there a way of testing it or i just gotta change it out to find out if its bad??
Thanks for all your help!

Shawn
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the back of the panel look for a sticker. It will have the VA/VS voltage listed. Look at the power supply also. You'll see VA/VS, 5vdc, 30vdc and so on. Take a meter and read as many voltages as you can find. If all the voltages seem ok, you've replaced the logic board, the next before condemning the panel would be the digital main board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия