electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Magnavox 15MF400T/37 Cable Input

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emarshbuck

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Magnavox 15MF400T/37 Cable Input Reply with quote

Our Magnavox 15MF400T/37 cable input is not receiving a signal.

Suggestions?
Dan the Tv man

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: cable input Reply with quote

Remove the tv and replace it with another tv that you know works.To see if its the cable connection or the tv.If it the tv you can run audio/video thru rca jacks.If you use Direct tv box,Dish box,or youre cable has a box you can run the signal thru rca jacks.If you have just a cable wire you can use an old vcr,run the cable wire to the vcr then run rca jacks out of the vcr.If the cable input doesnt work the tuner is probably out on your tv.It would probably cost more than a new tv to replace the tuner.one of the above options should work.
emarshbuck

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Magnavox cable input Reply with quote

Dan,

Before I posted yesterday I did try another tv with the same cable input, and it worked just fine. When I use the remote to turn the tv off/on, I get a message on the screen that says "warning, so signal available."

But it does appear that trying to change the channel on the tv is not possible, nor is switching from tv mode to av mode.

I'm fairly "handy" with certain electronics stuff. Are you saying that trying to replace the tuner is more trouble than it's worth right now? It's only a 15" set, and we've had it about 3 years, so maybe the price of a new one is better than the time & $$ to replace the tuner.

Question

thanks,

ed marshall
copley, OH
Dan the Tv man

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: mag 15mf400t/37 Reply with quote

Yes the tuner board for that tv is $145 plus $20 shipping,then labor.You could probably put it in yourself,but its still $165.
emarshbuck

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Magnavox 15" LCD repair Reply with quote

Dan,

So, just for tickles and grins, how would I take this particular tv apart if I wanted to check for something that might have come loose?

I do remember hittting the tv wth my head last weekend as I walked by it. It's mounted on one of the corner posts of our outdoor gazebo.

thanks,

Ed Marshall
Copley, OH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия