electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
APC smart ups 2200 INET

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: APC smart ups 2200 INET Reply with quote

hi, first post, i hope i dont break any rules.

anyway, i work at a dump, and sometimes i can take home some cool stuff that comes in, a week ago or something i found a APC smart ups 2200 INET, and its not working.

as i understand the manual, it should

1. deliver current to connected devices even if not turned on
2. beep and flash one or more leds when i try to turn it on

it does neither

and, i dont have a charger and no money to get one, so my first question in a line of many more is, can i use a regular pc AXT switched psu to charge the batteries to see if thay are healyth?
meglaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: sorry Reply with quote

did not login. Sad
torbjorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, a UPS uses a higher battery voltage than an ATX psu can deliver (typically, 24 or 48 V divided in blocks of 12 V). To charge a battery with a nominal 12 V voltage, you will need about 14 V.

The simplest way is using an ordinary car battery charger and limit the charge current by a light bulb (for instance, a 12 V 21 W bulb, such as is used for stop lights etc in cars) in series with the charge current. Charge the battery blocks one at the time until all of them are charged.

Note that a gas-tight lead-acid battery that has been standing deeply discharged for a while might need to be connected to the charger for several hours before it begins to draw any charge current. If a such battery has not begun drawing charge current within 12 hours, it is probably dead.
meglaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atx psu´s have negative voltages, i regularly use this to get higher volts, +3.3 and -12 that gives me +15.3volts (typicly red or orange and black or blue(on my fsp psu its puple for -12), that would be enough right?

i almost never use regular voltages to power fans or other extra thingys connected.

ah. i did not know that about that kind of battery, healyth tip!

gå sverige! Wink
torbjorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A problem is that the negative voltages from an ATX power supply only can deliver very small currents, typically 0,1 or 0,5 A.
It would then be better to take two ATX supplies and connect the +3,3 V from one of them in series with the +12 V from the other one.
meglaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WILL DO IT. and i will post pictures! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the internal charger? The APC's have a battery link on the back of the unit, (to turn it off) that needs to be inserted first.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it doesn't have a battery link.
Is this it? apcc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SUA2200&tab=documentation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия