electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Gateway FPD2185W Monitor display goes off after logo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Gateway FPD2185W Monitor display goes off after logo Reply with quote

I have a Gateway FPD2185W that shuts down after the logo is displayed. Upon disassembly, I notice a couple bulged caps, but the board behind the 4 MOSFET (or whatever they are) is burnt from heat, one of the semiconductors is cracked with a bulge in the case, probably is fried.

The part numbers are BE5235 and BE5X24, have researched the logo to no avail. Does anyone know what this part is? and where can I find one?

Thanks,

Steve
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell & yet another example of chinese engineering. No doubt the transistors are faulty but not sure if they are Fet's or not & I think the numbers are actually the top row. ---D4xx? & the logo is proly from some obscure yingyang outfit. Mad best bet is to try finding a schematic which no doubt is impossible.

This is classic "planned obsolescence" coupled with chineese build to make it as cheap as possible.
Sprint6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Gateway FPD2185W that i finally got the parts and repaired the bad (8)capasitors, works fine now but i somehow lost the on / off Button, if anyone would like to sell me the button or the monitor email [email protected] please, so i can put the front frame back on it

Thanks and good luck with your rrepairs. i shouldn't have waited so long to fix it
kenray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: transistors Reply with quote

the part number of the transistors is more than likely going to be 2sd408. probably just regular transistors.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Gateway FPD2185W Monitor display goes off after logo Reply with quote

stratman wrote:
I have a Gateway FPD2185W that shuts down after the logo is displayed. Upon disassembly, I notice a couple bulged caps, but the board behind the 4 MOSFET (or whatever they are) is burnt from heat, one of the semiconductors is cracked with a bulge in the case, probably is fried.

The part numbers are BE5235 and BE5X24, have researched the logo to no avail. Does anyone know what this part is? and where can I find one?

Thanks,

Steve

UPDATE; Logo identified as being manufactured by Alpha&omega semiconductor. They are enhanced mode FETs. Add "AO" before the D number looks like AOD406 or 408 or both? --both have been superceeded to diff numbers(typical). check their site http://www.aosmd.com/web/index.jsp
steve_m

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Gateway FPD2185W Monitor display goes off after logo Reply with quote

U301, U304 are AOD405
[replaced by AOD417 - Digikey 785-1106-1-ND $0.60 each]
U302, U305 are AOD408
[replaced by AOD484 - Digikey 785-1114-1-ND $0.59 each]

If you need links to the datasheets, let me know.

-Steve
Sprint6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Gateway FPD2185W Monitor display goes off after logo Reply with quote

Gateway FPD2185W, just had a major failure of the (U301, U304, U302, U305) mode FETs. And the set of small group of resistors , diodes, capacitors, located close to them, need some help identifying them to replace the entire group if possible. These have been subject to extreme heat. Part numbers and vender greatly appreciated. Was lucky with the first repairs a year or so ago, but secondary repair looks a bit more complicated.
Anyone still having one of these boards, I would like to purchase it or entire monitor unit. Email at [email protected] . Thanks in advance

Sprint 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия