electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
How can I recover the data from hard disk?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnthanjones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: How can I recover the data from hard disk? Reply with quote

Hello Friends, yesterday while working on my PC suddenly all of my data lost. I was downloading something from the internet and the system suddenly got shut down, after that when I restarted the system there was some error and the system could not start properly. I really want that data as its very important to me. Can anyone suggest me about how to recover the lost data from the hard disk?
trishajenny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Re : How can I recover the data from hard disk? Reply with quote

Friend, the same thing had happened with me also and I felt totally lost at that time but then I came across Noadvertisingallowed which helped me recover my data. I will also recommend you the same thing so that you also will be able to recover your lost data. All the best!
mike_jordan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: RE Reply with quote

Hi
The only guaranteed way to remove viruses is to reformat and reinstall windows. However there are two things you can try. First reboot and tap the F8 key then select Safe Mode With Networking. Start Internet Explorer, search for Bitdefender Online Scan and run it.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several things you can do to recover data from a non booting system. Since you seem to be back online, why don't you Google 'hard drive repair' or 'data recovery'. You'd be surprised what you can do without reformatting your system. You can even recover data from a bad drive by freezing it.

HtH
Paul@justmanuals

PS- don't take everything you read here as the gospel. You are taking advice from complete strangers who could be your neighbors 8 year old kid from down the block.

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
slim69

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Hard Drive repair Reply with quote

If at all possible, do nothing to drive with your data on it. Buy, beg, borrow or steal a drive from somewhere, and load Windows on there. Then once you're up, plug the drive with the data in it on a secondary channel.
Once you've done that, you'll be able to see the old drive in Windows and gauge the extent of the damage. It may be that it's just the Windows directory which is knackered or the boot sector and you may be able to simply copy the data to the new drive, or even use it on the existing drive. You must ensure that the old drive is virus checked and also run a scandisk or chkdsk on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия