electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips Magnavox 60in RPTV Picture Size Problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elijahnow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Philips Magnavox 60in RPTV Picture Size Problem? Reply with quote

Philips Magnavox 7P6033 W101

Hello:

The picture looks fine and then goes small (about 2/3s of the correct screen size) then back to normal size, this back and forth continues.

I have had two times that after the TV had set for some time, we moved it and then turned it on. It worked fine for 3 or 4 hours we shut it off. The next morning turned it on and the screen size problem was back.

This happened again last night, turned it on and it worked fine all evening, this morning the problem was back. I took a rubber mallet and tapped all over the cabinet, at first I thought I got it to work right (for a very short time) by taping but I think it was just coincidence.

It seems that the problem occurs when the scene changes, but not at every scene change. It's like it happens when the scene change is to a bright scene then the screen goes small, and when the scene change is to a darker scene it goes to full screen.

I have returned to school after 37 years, and with the cost of school I can't afford much in the way of luxuries, so I hope someone can help me fix this myself.
Thank you,
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a picture? Does it decrease from top to bottom or left to right?
elijahnow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife turned the TV on to see if she could watch a little of the Olympics. The screen was going big and small so I told her to turn it off, I was going to take some pictures in a little bit to post.

About 15 minutes later I went to take the pictures to post, for the first time the set wouldn't come on at all.

When the power button on the set or remote is pushed nothing happens, press it a second time and the green power light comes on for just a moment then goes off, and there's a chirp sound that comes from the TV set.

I tried to turn the TV on again and it still wont come on, and it still chirps. I unpluged TV and let it set for about an hour before I tried.

As for the picture, I believe it starts by coming in from the sides, but then the hole picture shrinks.
Thanks,
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chirping, picture bowing, now not coming on sound like convergence IC's to me.
elijahnow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would I go about repairing the convergence IC's.
I have experience in the automotive industry, would that would help me fix this myself?
Thanks,
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for the two STK392-110's 18 pin IC's. Those are what need to be replaced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия