electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
sharp 27fs50 has sound but no pic anymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: sharp 27fs50 has sound but no pic anymore Reply with quote

Sharp model 27f-s50 has sound but no picture..turn the screen pot up at the screen and focus section at rear of set and just get a horizontal white line in middle screen turn it up to much and the white line flickers kinda stobe lightish...tube heaters are lit to a degree im not sure exactly how much glow is supposed to be there..the sound is real good...still changes channels and all that stuff but no channel verification on screen...did notice the top of the screen kinda rolling over about a couple inches worth for a couple weeks before it just turn on with no pic ...any help will be appreciated..and thanks in advance for any replies
walter58

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: sound but no picture Reply with quote

Hello,
If you see a bright horizontal line , horizontal deflection is still working, if heaters glow, that's all right too.
Probably there is still hight tension, so I think that the vertical deflection output is defective. The output device is an Integrated circuit,which is mounted on a cooling device. (f.e TDA 3654, multipin ic).
Replace this IC and also replace the electrolytic capacitors in the neighbourhood of the vertical IC.
success! Wink
gunny

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply ill pop the back off of it again and give it look ..i did see a heatsinked to-220 looking ic on the main board there was nothing heatsinked on the smaller board at the tube....let me pop it apart again and ill get back to ya...
walter58

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: vertical IC in your television Reply with quote

The vertical IC is never mounted on the crt board.
In modern TV's, it could be a TO220 device (TDA9302 f.e.), in older devices it could be a larger device (12 pins in line).
So, keep looking on the main board, write down the IC number and look on the internet to spot the right IC in your television!
doing a great job! Laughing

Walter
gunny

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found it on the main board ...its a sharp x1224ce 7 pin sip ic..did a little search for the part but didnt come up with much, might have to do some serious internet searching.. Rolling Eyes i hit a few of my normal electronics spots like mouser , jameco and newark and few others didnt seem they had it either
velvetlaura

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: 27f-s50 sharp 27 inch rear case (cabinet) shattered Reply with quote

i've tried to search for this part and they all say it is unavailable. my question is can i use another rear cabinet from any other 27 inch set. help please. i'd hate to trash a set that works.

laura
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия