electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Did some searching...no luck yet....Akai TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youdummy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Did some searching...no luck yet....Akai TV Reply with quote

Hey all.......I heard this is a great site....enoughtobedangerous sent me!

I have an Akai LCT 37Z6TA TV that is only showing a blue screen with the words "No Signal" in the top right corner. Remote does nothing, side buttons on TV do nothing. To turn it off I have to unplug the tv. TV signal is strong. Remote batteries are new. Anyone have any ideas!

TIA for you help!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say signal board.
enough2bdangerous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Blue Screen of Death Reply with quote

How could two TV's both do the same thing at the same time with the blue screen of death. Both TV's are on the same system in the building. Rolling Eyes
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Blue Screen of Death Reply with quote

enough2bdangerous wrote:
How could two TV's both do the same thing at the same time with the blue screen of death. Both TV's are on the same system in the building. Rolling Eyes

I posted back, where does it say two separate set's?
youdummy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Blue Screen of Death Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
enough2bdangerous wrote:

I posted back, where does it say two separate set's?

Minnie....Enough2bdangerous it correct......2 tv's. I left that out of my first post. Because it was 2 TV's I thought for sure it had to be the cable.....I mean really, what are the chances 2 TV's being out with the same thing in the same building......million to one??..maybe I should play lottery this week, because I do have both TV's out with same problem.

Blue screen.....top right corner "no signal".......both remotes do nothing(good batteries).....and buttons on TV's do nothing....to turn TV off I have to unplug it......when I plug it back in, the remote will turn it on, then nothing....cable is good, tried another tv to check. Also, if it was cable....does not explain why remotes or buttons do nothing.

Thanks for looking....and trying to help!
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a customer who bought a 32" Toshiba. The flyback was arcing at the tube. I replaced the main board and had nothing. Removed the crt board and the set came on. Set got replaced. 6 months later, same exact thing. What are the chances? Slim to none but it was so. 2 bad crt's. Blue screen that says no signal. If you switch to a different input does it change? No. What if you hit menu? Do you get the menu? No. The reality is either sounds like a bad eprom and or microprocessor on the signal board. Exact same model with same exact problem? Pretty damn good chance. Sets have common problems. Look at Sony with Q601 Q602 R607 and H out. All because of broken down solder on the horizontal drive transformer. Or in this case a cap that may have dried out and effected either the micro or eprom which are both on the signal board, usually. You may be able to replace just the eprom or micro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия