electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Benq DV2680 LCD TV backlight goes out in a minute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minnie-me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Benq DV2680 LCD TV backlight goes out in a minute Reply with quote

I need help in fixing this set. After about a minute the backlight goes out. Sound is ok. Power indicator is still on. I checked the usual things, power supply, caps, bad connections, etc. There is no red color in the backlight as you may get with backlight going bad from age. Any ideas or service manuals are welcome. Thanks.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold a flash light up to the screen and verify you still have a picture.

BenQ America Corp.
15375 Barranca
Suite A205
Irvine, CA 92618
U.S.A.
Tel: +1-949-255-9500.
minnie-me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: backlight Reply with quote

I tried that with a stronger light and all I see is black. I use that trick with monitors so I am familiar with it. I have a ground, 24 v, 3 volts and around 1 volt going to the inverter board. ground and 24 are the supply. The 1 volt may be the brightness signal. The 3 volt signal only goes to 3 volts when the lamps fire up. After about a minute, the lamps all go out and the 3 volt and 1 volt signal is still there. If I power off and then back on, the backlight comes back on. Off in a minute or so. Audio not affected.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the one volt when you first turn it on. It should be around 12.
minnie-me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is 0.5 volts in standby and goes to about 1 volt when turned on. Where does this voltage come from? (which component) I don't have any schematics and its a multi layered board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия