electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Is a T5A H250V fuse the same as a F5L 250V?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kax

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Is a T5A H250V fuse the same as a F5L 250V? Reply with quote

Hi there,

Something went "peng" inside my monitor today (Eizo Flexscan F57). I don't know anything about elctronics, but I found a fuse inside with the inscription: T5A H250V. Since I am not mobile I asked my wife to pick one up for me on her way home and she came home with a fuse that said F5L 250V. The guy in the shop said that that's the same thing. Apart from the fact that they look different. Is he right? Can I put it in safely?

Thanks in advance

Kax
Yellow Tigra

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Its not the same type , but you may savely probe equipment with this fuse

F = working fast

T=working slowly .This fuse is designed for circuit which periodly consump more energy (monitor in start mode etc.).

"F" fuse probably monitor keeps blowing, but not just in time.
If your monitor is OK, the fuse be good min. 1- 2 weeks.

I hope you understand - my english is very bad Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Is a T5A H250V fuse the same as a F5L 250V? Reply with quote

The above gent is correct and likewise you are correct to question this.
F= Fast blow and T= Time delay.
The F fuse may or may not survive the initial switch on surge but the T fuse will unless a fault is present.
If the old fuse is of the glass type and the glass is shattered or black you are likely to have a fault and it will blow again anyway but if the wire just parted company then it may just be fatigue as the wire experiences stress at switch on due to this initial surge.
One other point is if the fuse is of the ceramic type then you must replace with the same type.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Is a T5A H250V fuse the same as a F5L 250V? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

One other point is if the fuse is of the ceramic type then you must replace with the same type.

Thank you for your contribution.
I tried the "F" fuse and it didn't blow. However, the monitor still behaves the same way: power light blinking amber and that's it. This feels like an incredibly stupid question, but since I used a glass fuse this time, whilst the original fuse was of the ceramic type, could it possibly make a difference if I used a ceramic one? And if not, is there anything else I could try before I throw in the towel?
Thanks again,

Kax

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow Tigra wrote:

I hope you understand - my english is very bad Embarassed

Thanks Yellow Tigra. I did understand and your english is not bad at all.
I appreciate it.

Kax

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Is a T5A H250V fuse the same as a F5L 250V? Reply with quote

The ceramic type will not make any difference to the circuit operation and is purely a safety issue i.e it will not shatter by absorbing the flashback if blown.
Was the original actually blown?
Did you try disconnecting the "D" plug from the p.c to see if the monitor will come on with "no signal" displayed just incase the p.c is not allowing it to come on?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Is a T5A H250V fuse the same as a F5L 250V? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
The ceramic type will not make any difference to the circuit operation and is purely a safety issue i.e it will not shatter by absorbing the flashback if blown.
Was the original actually blown?

I expected as much. Still, thanks for the info. At least I'm learning something here. I suppose the original was not blown (it's a ceramic one, so I'm not sure, because I don't know what it shoud look like when its blown). But since the "Fast" glass type did not blow either and the monitor behaves exactly the same as it did after the bang (amber blinking power-LED) my guess is that the original ceremic fuse has not been blown.

Anonymous wrote:

Did you try disconnecting the "D" plug from the p.c to see if the monitor will come on with "no signal" displayed just incase the p.c is not allowing it to come on?

Yes. I even hooked the monitor up to another computer, to check if it wasn't the graphics board that blew. Same difference. Sad

Thanks again for your help so far,

Kax
Littlelegs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem, anyone have an Idea to what it may be?

Thanks
Tony Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: What about the current? Reply with quote

What does the L stand for as opposed to the A? I had assumed the 5A part was the current.

I have a F5L250V fuse blown and can't find a replacement. If I do are all F5L250V fuses rated to the same current?

Thanks

TT

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a F5L 250V as well and can not find it anywhere. It's from a DVD radio combo, it cost 400.00 to replace. If the fuse can not be bought. Why but the fuse in if it can't be replaced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия