electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
help about multimeter metex M3850-D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bricula

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: help about multimeter metex M3850-D Reply with quote

Hi all

I have a problem with my multimeter tester Metex. Lately it happends that I cannot turn, I mean, pressing the switch, the instrument turn itself on regularly, but if I press it again... the Metex remains on.
I opened it, looking for something wrong in this piece (the switch) but I found nothing, and when I reassembled the multimeter, the problem was still there.
This switch has two position (on/off) and it works by pressing it. It has six pins solded on the board, and no codes or number at all, exept a small "8" pressed on the external cap of it.
For the moment I don't want to remove it from the board, because I don't have a spare piece.
I wrote to Metex.co.kr and the reseller from which I bought the multimeter, but until now, they haven't answered my email.
I'm looking for some info about this switch: a more precise name, the code number, a photo... anything to help my research on the net.
Can you give me a hand? Do you know some site which sells this kind of stuff, or can you suggest me where I could look?
Thanks for any advice
Marco
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound stupid but most meters work off a 9 volt battery. Did you change it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, the battery is ok. the problem is that I cannot turn the multimeter off.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I'd say the on off switch is bad. You'd need the service manual to get a part # for the switch or pull the battery when not in use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия