electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung 52inch RPTV video problem SP52Q7HRX/AA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
electrowill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Samsung 52inch RPTV video problem SP52Q7HRX/AA Reply with quote

The video started to go out, first by giving lines on all high def content, and then on the tuner and all inputs. Though the menu and display work just fine, all inputs are messed up. I have uploaded a video to demonstrate what exactly is happening now even though it started as vertical yellow lines being added. I have not taken the TV apart yet, but I would be willing to do anything as paying a lot to have it fixed would be out of my range currently.
I do have some soldering skills, and I have a multimeter if that could help diagnose and or fix the problem. Hopefully it is something simple.

Video: http://www.nelsok.com/video/samsung_52inch_rear_projection_tv__video

Samsung 52inch Rear projection TV
Model Number: SP52Q7HR
Model Code: SP52Q7HRX/AAG
Type Number: EX52Q7 Version1
100v - 250v 50/60hz 270watts
MFG: May2004
electrowill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that the video hosting that I used above pretty much sucks. Here is the original FLV video of how my TV is acting.

http://sharebee.com/ccffa0b2
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on all inputs, I'd suspect the signal board. It doesn't look to be a convergence issue. In this set it's called the main.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have taken the back of the TV off now to see if there was anything obviously wrong with the boards. I didn't see any visually bad caps(had to replace these on a motherboard before), no visual charing of anything. I noticed that there is an easily removable 'scaler' board that would be easy to replace(provided that it's available), how can I rule that out as the problem? Is there any way to determine exactly which section is causing the problem. I haven't removed any boards yet to look for bad solder joints. Is there a schematic and troubleshooting guide that I could be referred to?

It's just confusing that the menu works and displays perfectly, but all the inputs are messed up. So I guess it has to be before where the on-screen display gets added to the video stream, but after where all of the inputs meet each other.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In most set the scaler board processes the video. It would be a good place to start.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any guides or schematics for testing?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about testing everything after the Scaler board, what kind of output does the scaler board have. Can I emulate this with something to ensure that the problem is either the scaler, or before the scaler? I figure it has to be either the scaler board, or something after the scaler board as both of the computer inputs are on the scaler board, and those inputs don't work. Heck, if I can get some kind of input working, I can probably adapt the rest. I don't really need the tuners, or component, or any of that, just for it to accept input from my computer, everything else could route through that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия