electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Looking for a part for Grundig Classic 960

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Classic 960

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Looking for a part for Grundig Classic 960 Reply with quote

I'm trying to repair a Grundig Classic Model 960 (vintage reproduction) for a friend. It's about 2 years old and the volume potentiometer/on-off switch needs to be replaced. The pot/switch assembly is mounted on a small circuit board, so I'm not sure if the pot/switch can be purchased by itself or if the whole pot/switch and IC comes as a single part. Although there are a few numbers on the IC, I can't find anything relating to manufacturer and I don't know which, if any of the numbers is a part number...
Can anyone help identify this part, and hopefully lead me to a source to buy a new one ?
Thanks !
Marc
Andrea

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Volume Potentiometer For Repro Grundig 960 Reply with quote

Hello...were you ever able to resolve your problem with the volume on/off switch? I'm having the same problem with mine and I'd like to be able to fix it myself. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
~Andrea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manufacturer is Grundig! It was made in China for them as a curio, more or less, and sold primarily by Willoughby & Ward in the back pages of many magazines.

Being that it was OEM'd in China, it was considered a throw-away when it malfunctioned. You might search for Grundig's customer support e-mail address as they are still in business and make primarily consumer shortwave portable radios.

Just by way of comparison, the actual, original 1955 Model 960 was in a Bakelite cabinet, not wood, was of course all tubes, and didn't have those extra little round knobs. The pot and switch are still fine in mine 50+ years later.

Unless the pot is a really weird style, you may be able to find one at a parts house such as Mouser, Jameco, or Digi-Key.

Geoff Fors
Monterey CA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия