electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sharp reciever power supply problem, Help

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tedy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Sharp reciever power supply problem, Help Reply with quote

Hi, I have got a sharp reciever, but now it's dead. there is no any power. when i checked it, there is power up to primary of the power supply but there is no any power in the secondary. what can be the fault. help me plz.
Bradz1234

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: power supply question Reply with quote

Hi

when you say primary of the power supply, what specifically?

Is this a switching or linear supply?

Usually Ive found that a regulator has croaked along with some large resistor in its nearby vicinity.

Other times if its a smart machine, it will use a serial data bus to the power supply, and all major components in the circuitry and if something is zapped it will tell the power supply to stay OFF.

In that case, a section that does heavy current work like audio output could have a shorted stage keeping the power supply off.
tedy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks for help the power supply is switch mode power supply. Now the problem is that there is power present in the primary stage but there is no any power in the secondary, so the reciever is not getting power. help plz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tedy
tsgunnell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello tedy could you please state what model it is.but for now you could start checking the resistors to find whether the start up circuit is working
tedy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the model of the reciever is Sharp, AF7001.
tedy
tedy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

help me plz, i am getting voltage in the primary of the power suply but nothing at secondary. the model of the reciever is Sharp, AF7001.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия