electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony Stereo Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlmclean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Sony Stereo Problem Reply with quote

Got a problem with a HCD-RXD6AV Sony stereo system. After transporting, it no longer will recognize the cd's and the tape decks will not work. It acts as if there's a transport lock but to my knowledge, there's not one, cant see one.The tuner will still operate like it should. As for the cd's, it goes though all three positions and checks for the cd's but then tells you there are "NO CD" in it. As for the tapes, deck A will recognize a tape being in it and will show the arrows for the direction of play but it will not actually turn the tape. Deck B will not recognize the tape at all, tells me there's "NO TAPE". The unit was handled carefully during transport, no bumping around at all. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start to repair this problem? Are there any way the system will do a self diagnostic process? Can anyone give good instructions to clean the lens and mirror?
Thanks for any help.
Jerry
Pentode

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all cleaning the laser lens won't cure the no-tape run situation, I would check and see if the tape belst are intact and that the tape capstan is running, I'm thinking if the belt/s have come off it may just be enough to confuse the logic to the CPU.

All I use to clean a laser lens is a cotton bud, this must be done very, very gently, don't be tempted to use any cleaning fluid.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия